Get Involved with Sunflower Children's Hospice
Sunflower Children’s Hospice can’t survive alone. We need your help.
It is through the services of committed and dedicated volunteers that we are able to give professional care and help to the children. They perform vital tasks in support of salaried and professional staff.
Volunteers are needed to assist in many ways:
- Administration (telephone and secretarial work)
- Caring (homecare and daycare)
- Playing with the children
- Social work (welfare and bereavement)
- Spiritual support
- Catering for the Sunflower House or the Day Care Centre
- Gardening and flower arrangement
- Arts and crafts
- Charity shop assistants
- Assisting with fundraising events
Apart from our volunteers, we also rely on donations of material items. We are mostly in need of nappies, soap, washing powder and toilet rolls. On a blackboard outside Sunflower House you can always see what we need.
If you would like to get more involved, please share your details on the contact page. Of course you are always welcome to pay a visit and experience the warmth of the Sunflower House for yourself.
Sunflower House In-Patient-Unit:
Corner of Roth Ave and Kolbe Ave
National District Hospital